1 kg fresh octopus
2 tsp olive oil
2 garlic clovesroughly chopped
Juice from 1 lemon
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2tsp fresh coriander
2tspchopped fresh parsley
1 sprig spring onion
- Place octopus in a pot and cover with enough water. Bring to a boil. Boil for 40 minutes.
- Remove octopus from hot water, rinse and place in a bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and add chopped garlic. Let is cool and rest at room temperature, for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat.
- Slice octopus tentacles. Grill for 3-4 minutes per side, until charred.
- Remove from heat and place in a bowl.
- Drizzle with olive oil and add lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle some coriander (optional) and parsley on top. You can also add some chopped garlic, too (optional).